How Klonopin abuse complicates mental health issues?
Klonopin is a benzodiazepine and is also known by the generic name clonazepam. Klonopin works on the chemicals in the brain that may be unbalanced and is used to treat seizure disorders and panic disorder. Klonopin is also called anti-epileptic drug and it is used as a medication in adults and children for seizure disorders and it is used only on adults for panic disorder. Klonopin has a sedating effect and has a high possibility to addiction when used in long term.
When a person uses Klonopin for prolonged period with no necessity or exaggerates doctor’s prescription or uses it for feeling high, he or she is at risk of Klonopin abuse. To identify whether a patient has been subjected to Klonopin abuse, these signs help. They are: lack of coordination, dizziness, profound sleep for a long time during the day, clumsiness, slurred speech, loss of memory, restlessness, agitation, depression, psychotic signs that include paranoia and hallucinations, aggression and violent behavior, stomach upset with nausea and vomiting, depression and constipation. And, individuals who are hooked on Klonopin are referred to as, “K-Pin”. The causes of Klonopin addiction have been categorized into four groups:
- Genetic: Parents or first degree relatives who have addiction to substances are at higher risk of developing addiction to Klonopin drug.
- Brain Chemistry: Klonopin decreases the serotonin amount in the brain by enhancing GABA receptors. People who lack GABA receptors use benzodiazepines to correct it and feel pleasure when they do so.
- Environmental: Individuals, who grow in an environment where addiction prevails as a common activity, imagine it to be a normal coping mechanism for mental health problems.
- Psychological: People with mental illness are liable to become addicted to Klonopin and this will in turn affect or worsen their mental health conditions.
Where to buy Klonopin from?
Klonopin can be bought from brick and mortar drugstores as well as from online pharmacies. When buying klonopin from online pharmacies, it is necessary to choose an authentic online pharmacy.
Effects of Klonopin abuse
Klonopin works by slowing down certain functions in the body and is generally considered to be a very effective medication. The body feels calm and relaxed after consuming a dose of Klonopin. It brings about a depressing effect on the CNS and usually the difference after consuming the drug will be noticeable within an hour but the full effect will prevail from 6 – 24 hours. The mental health changes that are brought about with over usage or addiction to Klonopin include:
- A euphoric and pleasurable feeling
- Relaxed mind with calm feeling and slowed thoughts
- Drowsy mind with sleep patterns which become prolonged
- Different thinking and behavioral changes
- Suicidal ideation
- Confused mind which has weird thoughts all through the day
- Mental set up changes and has an urge to use more doses of the drug
- In extreme cases, when the mental stability shatters a patient might be pushed into coma
In this case, that is with Klonopin abuse, there is said to be co-occurring disorders. The most common mental co-occurring illness is:
- Depressive, anxiety and panic disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Stimulant abuse
- Additional substance abuse
The impact physically is:
- Relaxed body with reduced muscular rigidity, agitation and tension
- CNS depression
- Rashes or hives
- Respiratory depression